Green Azoto is a gram negative nitrogen fixing obligate aerobe. It can fix 15 - 20 kg of nitrogen per hectare per year. The members of this genus have the ability to produce antifungal compounds against several plant pathogens.
- Improve seed germination percentage.
- Increase number & length of shoot and root.
- Help to fix nitrogen from atmosphere in continuous process.
- Reduction in disease incidence.
- More yield (25% to 30% in wheat, finger millets).
- Improve post-harvest seed quality in terms of germination.
- Reduce 20% to 25 % Nitrogenous fertilizer requirements.